Sunday, January 3, 2010

somebody's piggy bank

People always ask me what the weirdest donation to come through the thrift store has been. I never have an awesome answer because the weird ones are usually things that I have no idea what they are, or something really disgusting. However yesterday I came across a noteworthy donation: a jar containing the pieces of a shattered piggy bank and a used bottle of super glue! Perhaps someone with some time on their hands needs a project...

I will miss my off and on again employment at this happy place and the people who work, shop, and volunteer their time there. I've learned a lot, not only about clothing brands and valuable antiques, but also about life.

p.s. this year Somebody's Attic was able to donate around $80,000 to abuse prevention in Cache Valley

(photo by dad: James Neeley)

2 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for your service and sharing!

Briann said...

that's awesome! And what a wierd find....