Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Riding the bus

Every monday, wednesday and friday I get on the bus at 9:40 a.m. I put my bike on the rack so that I can ride down the hill and make it to work on time. Every monday, wednesday and friday at 9:40 Dave is on the bus on his way to work at McDonald's. He greets me with a smile and then asks me where my helmet is. When I tell him I left it at home, he shakes his head and says, "safety first, yes, yes, safety must be first." After a moment of silence we then talk about the ducks that live in the canal and Dave's basketball preparation for the Special Olympics. However, today our conversation was a little different. When he saw my lack of helmet he said, "safety first, you need to listen your mother." Yes I do. I will wear my helmet on Friday. Thanks mom and Dave for your consistency and caring. Why does it sometimes take so long to listen?

3 comments:

Nan said...

My question, why do helmets have to mess up the hair? I hate that! BTW, where are you working?

Linda said...

Go Dave! Helmets keep us humble and healthy! Love, Mom oxoxxoxox

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.