Wednesday, May 14, 2008

This is new

Wow... I finally had the intense desire to update my blog. It's after one in the morning and I should be exhausted from my trip, but this burning desire just won't go away and my eyelids won't close. Strangely, it is 3 o'clock a.m. in New York, so it is a mystery that I am going strong. I changed the format only to realize, once again, why it is that I didn't go into graphic design.

The past month has been a month of firsts:

  • The first time I got engaged to my favorite boy
  • Consequently, the first time I've worn a ring for longer than 24 hours
  • The first time I have been this excited for Spring and it just won't come
  • The first Honda I have ever seen acting as a truck (oh- that's Nick moving to Moab. The chair was only for two blocks)
  • The first time I have moved home for a summer since high school- it is so nice! With this comes the first time that I can't wait to mow the lawn and plant the garden
  • The first time I went to the United Nations in New York
  • The first two guys that have asked for my e-mail on a plane ride (even though they both knew I am engaged)
  • The first dessert I have eaten that was so beautiful and so delicious that there are no words
  • The first time I had a personal tour of all over the city by a real New Yorker who also took me to the place where I found a giant gummy snake. (Thanks Mia)

  • The first time I aced a final
  • The first time I realized how huge the wedding industry is
That's enough for tonight.

4 comments:

Daniel J. Neeley said...

Wow, a lot of firsts indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

Way to go Jess! Love your pictures and commentary. You have a lot of exciting firsts in your life and lots more to come.

Briann said...

I am so happy for you, congrats! How fun :)

Natalie said...

Yay, Jessie is back! I already excited for your next post. I hope all is well my dear cousin!