Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Dresden

Es tut mir Leid...es ist Spaet!

The past photos were all taken in Dresden a couple of weeks ago on a group trip with my professor. I learned a great deal of history about East Germany especially because my German professor was a historian before his Deutsch days. On the way to Dresden we stopped at the Grenzwald border control museum...it was pretty amazing to see the divide between East and West. I was able to see a lot about the way of life in Soviet Germany which I haven't really studied. Lots of propaganda etc. In Dresden my time was filled with art, history and a nice ferry ride down the Elbe to Meissen- an old city that is famous for their china. I had a very enjoyable weekend in the East.

2 comments:

Daniel J. Neeley said...

Grandma said you called from Germany on her birthday. That was nice of you! That is neat that you are seeing and learning a little bit about the Soviet history--that was a fascinating part of living in Estonia.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celular, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-celular-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.