Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Moab is hot and the prickly pear are no longer in bloom. But we bought misters for the dogs, we drink lots of water and chase the shade all day long. This is still a very happy place.

Visits from Heather the Canadian, Nick's Parents, Mia and Mom and Dad have all been grand! The more I explore this amazing country the longer I want to stay - especially when it is with people I love. Nick and I finally made it to Indian Creek, the best place to climb cracks in the world, only 50 miles south of Moab. Last weekend we were the only two souls there besides Heidi (the Dugout Ranch owner) and her workers - wow! that's solitude. I think the dogs enjoyed the quiet also, but it was sometimes interupted by a brief ganter after the cottontails. Pretty amazing landscape.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Love the news and pictures! So glad that you are having a joyful summer!

Unknown said...

definitely coming now. sigh.

The Dutsons said...

Aw jealous. Looks beautiful!