Thursday, June 19, 2008

one lucky girl

My initial sadness of not getting an INL internship or finding a convenient temporary job and being away from Nick has since transformed into a pretty great summer.

Dan just happened to get a job assignment in Moab last month, so I got to tag along with him, Wendy and the girls to visit my boy. We visited the home that will soon be mine too for a few months in the beautiful castle valley. Gas for the trip was paid for by Deloitte. A few weeks later gas was paid for by mom and dad when we went south again to take engagement pictures. In two days we crammed in a photo shoot, a hummer tour guided by Nick, a two hour off-road experience in the suburban, hiking at fisher towers, gardening and driving through the La Sal mountains. Mom, Dad and I then came home for the evening before catching a plane to minnesota the next morning. There we saw lots of beautiful things from our rental bikes but the best part was hanging out with Jape. I am amazed at his creative genius and his employment success. I tried to meet up with Kim, a friend from the Germany program, but she is in Iowa City where the flooding has been devastating. I am glad that we didn't attempt to make the trip and I pray that she stays safe. Today I am heading up to Seattle to meet up with Alice Schmidt from Switzerland who has been on a crazy adventure all over the western U.S. and Canada. We will visit Heather in B.C. and then make our way south to Yellowstone and anywhere else we decide to stop. It will be nice to see her and Canada.

This summer is a nice farewell to single life, but I don't think I will miss it much.

the Mississippi River Valley from Buena Vista overlook

2 comments:

Briann said...

It sounds like a TON of fun! BUT you definantely won't miss the Single days :)

Unknown said...

haha. oh jess. you little smoocher! miss ya guts. tell alice and heather hi. can you give them each a kiss?