Thursday, June 28, 2007

Die Schweiz

I could definitely live in Switzerland. Catie, Kim and I traveled to Zürich for the weekend to visit Chad and Elisa Parry. Wow, it was fabulous to see some familiar faces so far away from home! The first night Elisa made us a very Swiss meal on a grill that we had the privilege of helping them try it out. We grilled veggies on top and then there were slots for trays that melted cheese from above which we then commenced to pour on top of our potatoes. Schmeckt mir sehr gut! In the morning we had müsli (one of the best things here). Our Saturday was filled with hiking, relaxing, blowing in the wind, sitting by the lake, listening to the street musicians, and buying way too much chocolate. But oh, the Swiss know how to make their chocolate. That night we enjoyed another delicious Swiss meal of spätzle with cheese and meat and a cucumber salad. We found out that Iron Man Switzerland was being run in Zürich on Sunday, so Kim and I woke up at 5:30 to watch the start of the 2.4 mile swim. Pretty amazing. We got to see many transitions to the bike and then walked to see the finish line and checked out some of the festivities. Later that day we watched the marathon at the end of their race for a while. Awesome. After the swim watching we took the train back to Dietlikon and then attended Sacrament meeting where we got to see Elisa perform “I Know That My Redeemer Lives,” and it was beautiful! Our stay ended perfectly with crepes on Sunday afternoon. My favorite combo was Chad’s experiment of nutella and applesauce, to which I added nectarines and bananas. Mmmm. I don’t think that I have ever had such a weekend where my taste buds were so satisfied. Danke sehr Chad and Elisa!

2 comments:

mia said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! It was so great to talk to you!! Yummy food! Cool to see the iron man!! I love you Jess!! See you! :) Keep the pictures coming!

Daniel J. Neeley said...

Hey Jess! That is awesome that you were able to visit Chad & Elisa. They mentioned your visit on their blog, and they were very complimentary of your German. Anyway, it was fun to get some more details.